Thursday, June 4, 2009

Branding

For the branding of my chair I downloaded the SaloneSatellite logo and while keeping proportions the same, adjusted the size to fit my chair. I wanted simple graphics on the chair as the chair itself is quite a complex shape. I practised spraying the branding on by using a 160gsm sheet of paper which i cut the stencil from. I realised that this wouldn't be able to take too many sprayings so I got a stencil laser cut out of acrylic. I did a couple of test sprays and then I masked off my model with newspaper and used the stencil to spray on the branding. I positioned the branding along a fold line up the side of the chair which i think emphasises the complex form of the chair and provides a suitble, bold yet basic branding. It is relevant to the event it sits in and is visible from pretty much all angles as it runs up both sides of the chair. I put the branding on my second model first before putting on my third and final model.

No comments:

Post a Comment