Thursday, June 4, 2009

Model making

This is my final design with branding.
These are my second and third models. They both have branding on them.





This was my first model on which I found the problems i had to fix. the main problems I found were the side tabs that didn't properly tuck in. In this image, you can see i have added on a tab with masking tape in order to see if an attached tab would hold the side tabs in further. It proved to work, however, they still posed a slight problem in the second and third models. The second model I did, the holes in which these tabs push into were slightly off the right angle and were slightly too long. This let them slide back out slightly so I redid the model a third time making sure to get the holes on the side the right angle and size. I acheived this, however, they stil marginally slid out so if i was to make another model I would have the two tabs interlock within the shell of the chair so that they pulled back against each other and you wouldn't be able to see it from looking at the chair. Unfortunately this was an expensive process and also time consuming but with more time i would fix the problem this way.



Me at work.




No comments:

Post a Comment