Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Xanita board 1st attempt

This was my first attempt at the 1:1 mock up out of xanita board. I used the same method of achieving the front and seat curves as i did when i made the mock up of that area and it worked really well. I achieved the subtle curvature without it tearing. I came across another problem though as I found that the xanita board was a lot stronger than the other cardboard I had been working with and the xanita board didnt want to stay in place as much, but recover to its natural straight form. This caused a problem with the side tab which didn't stay folded in against the side. I overcame this problem by adding a small tab which slotted into the side to hold it in place. This, however, meant that I only had the one final attempt to get it right. At this stage, I will try my best to locate where the hole should be so the tab can slot in neatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment