Thursday, June 4, 2009

Final

This is my final model. I am fairly happy with how it turned out however im disappointed that the side tabs didn't stay in firmly enough. I found, when making my model that the more you put it together and pull it apart, the more it deteriorates. That is one consideration when working in a medium such as cardboard. I have left the chair in its final form in order not to wear it down further. I am happy that i ended up achieving the curves and that they are very neat adn quite subtle. I like the complexity the side elevations show as well. The proportions seem to work well for the purpose the chair will serve- to 'perch'. Below are some more images as well as a 1:1 model timeline of the four finished models i made. I made another model from xanita that features in the earlier posts but is not featued in the timeline as I wanted to show more refined finishes from the two cardboards. The first xanita mock up that i left out was more of a canvas for the next two so is not as highly refined.

The chair is brand ready with lots of surfaces for printing opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment